My wash day was on Friday, but I did not get around to styling my hair until last night (in between I wore my wig and called it a day). After having much success with my updos last month, I decided to keep the momentum rolling with another updo: the twist and roll...
I like working on damp hair so I co-washed my hair prior to styling with Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose Conditioner (for dry hair). Then, I:
- sectioned off a large curved part at the top of my head for the bangs
- created five horizontal parts on the sides and back of my head (separated each section with an elastic band)
- moisturized each section with SheaMoisture Curl & Style Milk + a dab of SheaMoisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie
- added aloe vera gel to the first horizontal section and twisted entire section; secured with a loose elastic band and moved to the next section. Repeated until all sections were completed.
- section by section, I rolled the twists up toward the crown of my head.
- secured with bobby pins (I am convinced that I am horrible at pinning...)
- took loose ends and rolled them together to connect them; pinned to secure
- flat twisted the bangs diagonally
I am planning to workout more frequently this month so I will see how this updo holds up throughout the week. I would love to keep this style in for a week and a half possibly, but I will equally content if it only makes it to Saturday.
What style(s) are you planning for the week?